Tuesday, September 13, 2011

new season, new state, new job

I have really got to get better about being more consistent with this blog. Making a vow now: I will be more consistent with this blog. Well that was easy! But really, I will try. The past few weeks have been a little crazy and so much has happened!

Most importantly, football season has finally begun! This means many roadtrips south to the loveliest village to see my Tigers play. It is so weird going back to Auburn, using a regular "non-student" ticket, and also seeing my little brother there...as a student! The past two games have been such fun reunions with friends and even better because we won both games!

sweet friends!
an Auburn tradition...War Eagle!

McKinney siblings--"Fam Jam 2011" as we called it

In addition to following Auburn football in the fall, Sundays are spent watching Titans games, sometimes attending them. I'd rather watch college football than NFL any day, but I watched the Panthers play for the first time this past week. Why you ask? Their newest addition is actually my boyfriend! Cam and I plan on marrying soon, save the dates coming to your mailbox in the near future.

Cam Newton. Need I say more?
Labor Day weekend was spent at the lake with family friends. It is a Labor Day tradition and we always head there after the first Auburn football game. Unfortunately, this series of tropical storms not only sent us a cool front, but also lots of rain. Lake time was minimized, but it was still a fun and relaxing weekend with family, friends, and some intense board games.

My older brother and his wife are moving to Dallas in 3 weeks. I am so excited for them and selfishly can't wait to visit. I've never been to Dallas! Of course I am sad that they will not be living here in Nashville anymore, but newly married, I know this will be a fun and exciting adventure for them. At times challenging, but I have no doubt they will learn so much on their new journey. My sister in law is going into it completely ready to join the Texans that love their state so dearly. I honestly think there are few states that are prouder of their own. She has even told me she would like to invest in running shorts that resemble the state flag. I laughed at the thought of this (and honestly thought she was exaggerating), but after Googling what I thought would be nonexistent; I found them. So despite the hesitations there may be about this move, and aside from the bittersweet feelings from both families and friends, I can be at peace knowing that on a sidewalk somewhere in Dallas, Krista is running in Texas-flag shorts, proud to be where she is, and excited about a new adventure in the Lone Star state.


I finally have some exciting news in regards to the job hunt that has been taking over my life for the past 3 months. I AM OFFICIALLY EMPLOYED!!! I only use CAPS if I would yell the sentence if speaking it aloud. Trust me, I would scream it from the rooftops. My goodness what a process it has been, and such a relief to finally have a job. I will be teaching Preschool full time. I have already met my class, and they are just the cutest little angels I have ever seen. I honestly never thought my first job would be with Preschool, but since I am early childhood certified, I'm glad I will finally get some experience with this age group. Today was my first official day and I can already tell I am going to love it. Have I mentioned the benefits? Please, that is the best part! Everyday includes 2 hours worth of naptime, 2 recess periods, 3 snack breaks, AND as if that isn't enough, every Friday is FOOTBALL FRIDAY. Again with the CAPS I know. This means on Fridays I'll be rocking the following jersey. All for you Cam. War Eagle, Go Panthers.   

Purchased this jersey around this time last year-best investment ever! 

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations!! Your dad told me you'd gotten a job and I am so pleased for you!
    :)

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  2. You go gull!!!! Congrats on the job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well Sweetie, you really have been to Dallas. Guess it was when you were very young. We all need to be giving SWA gift cards to each other so we can visit often!

    SO happy for you and your new job. Definitely an answer to our prayers and you are going to do GREAT, I just know it.

    I am so happy to be one of your roommates during this exciting time!

    ReplyDelete