Monday, February 6, 2012

The Superbowl: an excuse to eat lots of food

Funny how food is included in, if not the center of, almost every activity/event these days. And not just a little part of it either...take sporting events for example. There are cookbooks that are specific to tailgating food. You can't go to a baseball game without getting a hot dog. And if you can't make the sporting event--friends gather to watch while providing their own yummy goodness via potluck style--with dips of every sort, chips of all kind, and a plethora of desserts. This was my party of choice last night. I'm much more of a salty and dip kind of person, but I ended up bringing two desserts this time. And I had to share these recipes! Because not only were they dee-licious, but they were SO easy!

So I give you my two Superbowl creations, because it just simply isn't a Superbowl party without lots of food! I promised I watched the game too....well, maybe just the commercials...and the half time show.

CAMPFIRE COOKIES

It's impossible to start with these ingredients and not have a scrumptious outcome
Campfire Cookies (recipe found at The Girl Who Ate Everything)

CAKE BATTER DIP
That's right--you only need 3 ingredients for this melt in your mouth dip
I served it with graham cracker sticks and animal crackers--so many options!

Cake Batter Dip:
1 box of cake mix (any kind--I used yellow)
2 cups of Cool Whip
1.5 cups of Plain Yogurt

Mix in a bowl. Best served after having been chilled. Serve with any type of cookie (graham cracker, animal crackers, vanilla wafers, etc.)
*If you're always looking for ways to make your recipes a little healthier/cut back on fat/calories like myself...I used Fat Free Cool Whip and Fat Free yogurt and it still tasted great!

1 comment:

  1. Do you use Greek yogurt or regular on that second recipe? I bet the extra "zing" from Greek yogurt would be good!

    Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete