Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Anthro Wedding Line? Don't mind if 'I DO!'

If I had to make a list of my all time favorite things, weddings would be close to the top of the list. Hands down, no questions asked, without a shadow of a doubt, my favorite movie is Father of the Bride. (I guess you could say the Father of the Bride movies, because I adore both of them). Not sure if it's Steve Martin's sense of humor, Kimberly Williams as Annie Banks, my dream house they're living in, the soundtrack, Franc's accent, the sweet father-daughter relationship, or the overlying wedding theme; but something about it leaves me with tears in my eyes and in the greatest mood ever when the credits start rolling at the final scene.


Thankfully, my wedding obsession is shared amongst my friends. We love talking about them, attending them, and dreaming up our own. With all of the blogs, magazines, and pictures we have compiled over the years, especially the past few college years, we could seriously plan an entire wedding. And for some of our friends, we're doing just that as they prepare to get married in just a few short months! Dresses, flowers, destination, reception, cake, honeymoon...trust me we've discussed it all, in detail. We dissect the event to its very core. Maybe I shouldn't have majored in Education......(just kidding).


There's just something so fun and magical and cheerful and exciting about a wedding! My brother is getting married in June and I am literally counting down the days! I may or may not be as excited as the bride. They got engaged in October and it has been non-stop wedding planning since then. My beautiful future sister-in-law is absolutely wonderful and I can't wait for her to officially be a part of the family. After growing up between two boys, it will be great to finally have another girl in the mix. So blessed to have her in my life and for our relationship! Because she's SO amazing, she has allowed me to participate in all of the pre-wedding fun, including the planning! She shares my obsession...so this is especially fun because she is actually planning a REAL wedding! 


Okay so now to my point of this post. I must share my most recent obsession. It all started yesterday when this little gem was finally unveiled. A little calculation to explain:


Anthropologie + Weddings = PURE BRILLIANCE!!! (why hasn't this been done before?!)


I mean for real...I have died and gone to heaven. Take one of my favorite places to shop and add a wedding line? Yes, PLEASE. If things keep going my way; JCrew, Kate Spade, and Tory Burch will be revealing their bridal brilliance next. I just cried a little at the thought.

After fawning over this newly revealed, but already highly esteemed website, I picked out my favorites. Duh. Just like my friends and I always do. I multi-tasked while obsessing over the site and called my future sister-in-law immediately. We obsessed together. I told her it was absolutely necessary we purchase something from here for her big day. Done and done. She is easily convinced, especially when it comes to wedding ideas. (BTW, I'm hyperlinking the site repeatedly so you won't miss any opportunity to click and see for yourself). These next few pictures don't even do the site justice. Just a little preview (some of my faves). So if you need a little boost of fun and wedding happiness...








Oh and if you decide to explore every inch of the website (guilty); then you'll find a "What kind of bride are you?" quiz (you don't have to be a bride to take it..ahem). But please before you leave click "Nuptials of Yesteryear" and flip through these old wedding photographs. My how things have changed, but how sweet they are!






3 comments:

  1. I have a niece who after obtaining her law degree and practicing a few years decided she'd rather be an event planner, weddings in particular!! Actually, she went with something closer to her heart and now works with a not-for-profit dealing with abused women (I think!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. eeek!! I would LOVE that!! I think being an event planner would be SO fun! Although, the thought of having an individual's wedding in my hands kind of stresses me out....so I think I'll just stick to being responsible for childrens' education. ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I have told your FSIL and you, I could plan it and help you save the $$$$$.

    ReplyDelete