Monday, October 31, 2011

Monster Munch!

I don't do scary...ask anyone who knows me. But for some reason, Halloween has always been one of my favorite holidays. I always loved that time of year at school because everything was fall themed--bulletin boards, art projects, activities, games, etc. Now I'm the teacher, and let me just say; not a day has gone by since the first day of fall that my preschoolers haven't done something in our class with a fall theme. Skeletons made from pasta noodles, ghosts made from bowls and tissue paper, bats made form toilet paper rolls...we definitely played to the theme. We even have a class scarecrow that we named "Macaroni Puppy"...as teachers we are encouraged to allow for creative thinking and teamwork. This was a unanimous decision made by seventeen 3-year-olds. How could we say no?

Our preschool Halloween party was this past Friday. I imagine the school decided a party for a holiday centered around sugar and costumes would be much better suited for a Friday than a Monday, the day Halloween happened to fall on this year. The kids were absolutely precious. With a few Buzz Lightyears, 2 firemen, several Disney princesses, 3 puppies, and a few others; I felt like I was on the set of a Disney movie. My co-teacher and I both joined in on the fun. I've always been one for dressing up. I dressed up as a ladybug, and she as a Ninja Turtule, Michelangelo to be specific. The Ninja Turtle costume really dated both of us, when we realized none of our sweet little friends were familiar with this teenage mutant.
The dynamic preschool teaching duo!
One of my favorite things about Halloween is the candy! I'm a sucker for anything chocolate. But my favorite thing is the seasonal candy, and by this I mean candy corn! I was at a tailgate a few weeks ago in Auburn and there was a sweet and salty mix that immediately caught my eye, because of the candy corn of course! So after eating enough handfuls to hold me over until next Halloween, I took a mental picture of this delicious concoction and decided to create my own! I went and visited one of my dear friends, Taylor last weekend in Atlanta. Our friends are good at many things, one of which is eating. So I decided this would be a perfect time to try out my new mix. It travels well too! Oh...and i decided it deserved a proper title as well. So I dub this fall mix, "Monster Munch!" Enjoy! Happy Halloween!

Monster Munch
Pretzels
Life cereal
Graham Cracker Goldfish (Honey and/or Chocolate)
Caramel Corn (I used pecan--if you like it nutty!)
Candy Corn
Reeses' Pieces

Mix all of these ingredients in a big bowl and ta-dah! You have your very own Monster Munch! Best part about this recipe? Not only is it super easy, but you get to decide the measurements! In my opinion...the more Reese's Pieces the better!

Munch ingredients
Monster Munch!
Taylor and I in Atlanta! I think we ate half of the jar...oops!

1 comment:

  1. The Monster Munch looks really good! Your costumes are really cute, too.

    ~Kelly

    ReplyDelete